Thursday, August 9, 2012

Relax. It's only housework.

It's Thursday already, and I have taken the advice of a good friend to help me get through today.  I will be channeling my inner Peg Bundy, and relaxing a bit.  I never really watched Married with Children, but I'm familiar with this red-headed housewife.  It stood out to me that her home was always picked up - well, except for a laundry basket once in a while.  Sure, Peg spends all of Al's money, and so what if she doesn't know where a grocery store is?  She's always rockin' that red hair, and despite my difference of opinion when it comes to fashion, she DOES know how to coordinate her wardrobe.  And marrying a man who sells shoes?  GENIUS.  I wonder if she gets the inside on ne fashions....  Where was I going with this? 

I enjoy starting the weekend off with a clean house.  I've blogged about this before.  This week, I'm willing to let it go.  I've got two projects due this week, AND I'm gearing up for the special orders I have scheduled for next week.  Is anyone going to notice the floors?   Forget the stack of school clothes fabric I have piled on my glider - hey, school starts "late" here, I've got time.  Ignore the fact that I haven't dead-headed my rose garden all week.  And what about those five loads of laundry that need folding?  Isn't it enough that the laundry is clean?  Hmmm.  Today I'll settle for clean dishes and more time for sewing. 

A friend of ours is celebrating her 50th birthday this weekend.  My mother-in-law and I were scratching our heads about what to get for The Birthday Girl.  I had thought about gift certificates for dining out, or maybe...  yeah.  That's really all I had.  My MIL had a much better idea.  She asked if I would make something for The Birthday Girl.  Why hadn't I thought of that?!?!  The housework will have to wait while I work on this little bit of something special: 




The fabric is Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.  I found the pattern for this on Riley Blake's Cutting Corners College http://networkedblogs.com/AGzaB.  What a great twist on a traditional nine block! 

2 comments: