Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tip Tuesday!

Over the years that I have been sewing, I've come up with a few tips that save me time and/or frustration.  How many of us have sewn a seam only to rip it out moments later?  How much time do we waste searching for that seam ripper?  What did we do with that pattern piece that has the placement marks that we forgot to make when cutting out the fabric?  If you haven't encountered some of these sewing woes, I envy you.  For the rest of us, I have a list of ten tips to make things go a little smoother.  Over the next ten Tuesdays, I will post a new tip, so keep checking back for more!

Week #1 Managing Patterns:

Keep your pattern and instructions in a sheet protector. Pattern pieces are like tents: we know they came in that package, but they never seem to fit back in. A sheet protector will provide plenty of room for those delicate tissue pieces, as well as any notes that you may have made for the project. When the project is complete, this sheet protector can be inserted into a binder for the next time.
Check in next week for more tips!

2 comments: