Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sewin', Sewin', Sewin'.... Get those Feed Dogs rollin'

Thursday is my busiest day of the week.  Mostly, I'm preparing for the weekend.  I like to start off the weekend with a clean house, despite the fact that I will be cleaning it all over again Monday morning.  Thursday is the day that I steam the floors and change the sheets.  It's the day I pay bills and finalize grocery lists.  It's the day that I start pulling out the weekend projects.  I stack the fabric on my glider and start sifting through patterns.  My family has come to recognize the signs that a sewing marathon is about to begin and I will be somewhat unavailable to them.  The first sign is the crock pot coming out of the cupboard, followed by the overflowing lunch bags on the counter.  The kitchen table is cleared and scrubbed, and the word is out the table is no longer for food or drinks, it is now a cutting table.  The ironing board comes out of its hiding spot.  By Friday, the laundry is caught up, the house is clean, the fridge is stocked, and the bills are paid.  It's time to sew.  I've definitely got my work cut out for this weekend- literally- and can't wait to get sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment