Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tip Tuesday: Week #2 The Caddy

Invest a dollar or two in one of those cute shower caddy bins that flood stores during back-to-school sales. I found mine at the dollar store after passing one up in the dollar section at Target. I have a larger version for cleaning supplies, but this small caddy provides enough room for my Ginghers, pin cushion, pattern weights, patterned-filled sheet protector, Pilot Frixion highlighter (if you don't have one, get one for marking your fabric), a lint roller, and any notions I am going to need for my project. My sewing room isn't all that big, so I move from room to room to complete my projects. I cut out on the kitchen table, iron in the laundry room, and sew in the living room or my fabric storage sewing room. All of this back and forth can leave me looking for tools and notions all over the house. Being able to tote this caddy to each station eliminates the need to go back and forth between cutting table, ironing board and the machines. I'm also a lot less likely to misplace the elastic I've cut for my project, or all those cute little buttons I had picked out.  I've had a similar set up in the drawers of my sewing machine tables, but I find this mobile cubby to be the most convenient for the set-up I have. Maybe one day I'll have the sewing studio of my dreams, but for now, it's me and the caddy.



I've also put a little container in the caddy for bent pins, used machine needles, and dull rotary cutter blades.  The thought of finding one of these in the loose in the garbage makes me nervous, so this puts me at ease that no one will get hurt.



Hope you've enjoyed Tip Tuesday Week #2! 

3 comments:

  1. Good tip! I need to hunt for a container like that for my bent needles, blades, ect. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this one at The Dollar Store, but they also have them at Walmart and Target. <3

      Delete
  2. I love the part about the container for pins and dull blades. I have a little caddy too because I move around, but even more importantly I can put all my sissors and such in there and easily move it out of the way of little hands:) Great tips!

    ReplyDelete